AskAvery.com; What to do in The High Country
DeW-Itt-Tech is bringing back askAvery.com, a web site that had been dedicated to enjoying life in Avery County. This message is important to our tourists as it is to locals. It is a place to answer the question, “Things to do in Avery County and in one of our towns this week?” These towns include Newland, Sugar Mountain, Beech Mountain, Elk Park, Linville, and Banner Elk.
The page www.askavery.com lists venues where live music is playing. If the venue is of interest to our citizens, that venue should be listed. We will be answering a spot-on picture of the ski slopes. As always, we encourage local participation. Our goal is to mention all those things that could be of interest to Avery County locals.
Our business directory aims to list those businesses that contribute the “best of” feeling in Avery County. Click here to view our business directory.
If you don't adapt, you wither and die
Web Design, Search Engine Optimization, Mobile Device Readiness
DeW-itt-Tech is a family-owned North Carolina Internet Marketing company concentrating on small businesses located in western North Carolina and east Tennessee. We have been in business since 2003.
In 2001, it was completely sufficient for us to place a business listing on the first page of a Google search. Phones rang. Not today. People do not exclusively use Google anymore. Today, more people use mobile devices to find what they want to do and what they want to know. Web sites must be responsive to smaller screens. Businesses must be listed in the many and varying mobile business directories. The folks at Yelp and at Google are still enjoying their market shares. Getting your business to appear where people ae going on the Internet is still a moving target.
The folks at DeW-itt-Tech are proud that we have been continually measuring the effectiveness of what's going on with the Internet. We use systems that can control the outcomes in areas deemed uncontrollable in the past. We can bury a bad review. We can get a business on nearly every mobile directory in the American market.
Our handle on the search engines has long been proven to be superior.
There has been a stong tendancy for business owners to go to the free platforms such as Wix, Weebly, and Go Daddy's Site Builder in order to get away from paying exorbitant fees to guys (like us) in the web site building business. We applaud that movement. Most business owners who have the time and the patience to pull this off seem to get stuck on landing on search engines. Let's face it - if you are not on search engines, you are not on the Internet. DeW-itt-Tech gurantees our work with Search Engine optimization. Most business owners lack the ability to make videos.
This is not an easy world. The ingredients needed to be visible to so many millios of people looking for answers on the Internet is and endless list of moving targets. We mix our experience with Google, Yahoo, Bing, and MSN with our experience using the very best mobile device systems.
The 12 steps for a successful Internet marketing campaign:
1) Sticking to delivery dates; an Internet marketing company that listens and understands the stresses of small business ownership
2) Curb Appeal involves great looking web site design
3) Google searches on the first page without the use of sponsored Pay-Per-Click programs (placement in the organic listings)
4) Sponsored Pay-Per-Click programs
5) Placement on maps; Google maps for one; Bing, Yahoo, MSN maps as well; maps need to be displayed on all web sites and business listings
6) Mobile-friendly web sites that are responsive; we pass every domain name through our Google Webmaster Readiness Test
7) Mobile device business listings; as many as 70 directories
8) YouTube videos
9) Consumer ratings and testimonials fed to all web sites business listings
10) Social media & E-Mail campaigns
11) Web Site Security
12) Changing and updated content on Web sites and business listings